Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The new Marks and Spencer ad





A couple of days back I posted an item about the new Marks and Spencer ad on the Orient Express. Well here it is. To save you the trouble of wracking your brains trying to remember the song it is Look-a-There, Ain’t She Pretty’ by The Charioteers (1948).

Personally, I don’t think this is anywhere near as good as the original ad (the second of the two). I think it lacks pace, fun and vitality. It is too acted and contrived. Sorry M&S, the clothes might be great but not this ad. As always, I would like to know what you think.

A word of advice for M&S. Since you are throwing a shed load of money at this and the other TV campaigns, why don’t you get these ads onto the Web rather than wait until some poor sap like me gets it from YouTube. Dick Stroud

No comments: