Friday, October 12, 2007

Heyday’s new web site


I have written a lot about Heyday, probably too much.

The first web site they launched was dreadful. This one is much better. But I am afraid there is a ‘but’. Look at the right-hand side in the area I have highlighted in red. This is what Jakob Nielsen had to say in his August newsletter.
The most prominent result from the new eye tracking studies is not actually new. We simply confirmed for the umpteenth time that banner blindness is real. Users almost never look at anything that looks like an advertisement, whether or not it's actually an ad.
I wrote a blog post about his eye tracking research.

Why, why, why do companies still keep doing this? My research completely reinforces Nielsen's findings that are especially true for older web users. Dick Stroud

No comments: