Wednesday, March 05, 2008

UK newspaper (The Telegraph) launches a cruise site

Telegraph Media Group (TMG) is set to launch a dedicated 'Cruise' channel that will provide the latest cruise news, expert travel advice and guides to cruise destinations.

The channel will provide advertisers with a Telegraph-branded platform on which to promote their services and products. Needless to say, the channel is targeted at the AB 45+ market.

TMG reckons that one in three cruise passengers have either read The Daily Telegraph or The Sunday Telegraph or visited Telegraph.co.uk. Sounds like a good reason to drop a cruising holiday from my holiday options. Dick Stroud

2 comments:

thesavvyboomer said...

OK, for those of us who aren't familiar with English newspapers, I take it from this post that the Telegraph is a rag is that correct?

DickStroud said...

No I wouldn’t say a ‘rag’. It is very much the paper of the old establishment. Readers tend to be somewhat to the right of Attila the Hun. I am being a tad disingenuous since I have been known to buy a copy from time-to-time. But then I wouldn’t want to go on a cruise with somebody like me!