Thursday, December 18, 2008

50 to Death


I rate this as one of funniest, if not the funniest, web site and use of video related to the 50-plus that I have seen. Thanks to Gill Walker in Australia for sending it to me. I think the design is superb, the humour immediate and captivating. I love it. Get the message, I think it is fantastic.

Warning, a lot, probably the majority of the 50-plus will think it is terrible, will wonder what there is that funny about it, think it's daft and a total waste of space. And they are right, and so am I.

You will find it hard to find a better example of why humour must be targeted to the audience. I am the audience for this site. Zillions won’t be. OK, we can debate that the best humour is ‘universal’. I am not sure. I think to really hit the nerve of the viewer humour has to relate to the vagaries of their mindset. Start by looking at: Norm's Thesis. Dick Stroud

No comments: