Monday, May 11, 2009

Inaccessible Sky accessible remote control

I recently attended an event where Sky was presented with an award for producing an accessible remote control for its satellite TV service. It was great to see a company that sells to a multi-age market taking accessibility so seriously.

Yesterday I was recounting this story to a neighbour who thought the control sounded just what they needed.

OK, here is your mental exercise for the day. Have a look at the Sky web site and tell me where you can find any details about the device and how it can be ordered.

You have got 5 mins. Clock ticking.

Maybe it was staring me in the face but I couldn’t find any reference to the device. It’s not good enough for a company to tackle one part of the accessibility problem without following it through to all parts of the sales and support channel. Dick Stroud

No comments: