Sunday, September 27, 2009

Lots of talk about "olderpreneurs"

I don’t particularly like this name but it is one that seems to have stuck. It refers to older people (probably the 50-plus) who start their own business, either for fun or necessity.

For years I have been barking on about the importance of this group of people for marketers because they need products and services and in my book that is an opportunity. Few organisations have picked up on this fact.

This article from the Guardian provides some useful background.

Last week I met some of these people when I presented to a meeting organised by PRIME about the basics of marketing. It was good fun and made me even more convinced that this is going to be a growing market.

If you want to see and hear what I was saying then you can download this podcast. For some strange reason it (the podcast) has taken an aversion to Mosaic browsers so you will need to use MS IE or Chrome. Dick Stroud

No comments: