Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Recession what recession – Xmas spending as usual



The guys at Vox Pops have issued a free video showing interviews with people talking about their spending intentions this Xmas. I hope the companyt doesn’t mind but I have added it to YouTube because I thought it contained some interesting messages.

First things first – it looks like these interviews were being carried our in a reasonably prosperous part of the UK so I don’t think we can draw any countrywide conclusions, however, it is interesting to see the way that the over-50s respond.

In the main it doesn’t appear as if the recession will be changing their Xmas spending behaviour one jot. You wouldn’t think the UK had any recessionary problems. I think that Vox Pop’s video research is a first rate way of conveying market insights providingso much more than a sheet of statistics. Dick Stroud

No comments: