Saturday, January 30, 2010

Apple iPad for boomers and seniors? Could be!

Having read the press report about the iPad the thought that went through my mind is the title of Laurie Orlov’s latest blog posting

We are not alone – this guy in Australia had similar thoughts

Let’s not forget that Steve Jobs is 55 so maybe his design priorities are now inclining towards the older end of the age spectrum. He is not exactly at the "pipe and slippers" stage but not that far away.

I can think of lots of reasons why the iPad will not work but I would love the job of positioning it to the older market.

Somehow I doubt if older people were high up on the list of targeted sectors but Apple might be in for a shock. Cannot wait to see a demographic breakdown of the sales figures at the end of the first year. Dick Stroud

3 comments:

Chuck Nyren said...

Sounds like similar findings from last May about the Kindle:
Not About The Kindle Controversy

FitnessOver50 said...

I still like the idea of the old fashioned book.

You know - it has pages made out of paper.

If I drop it in the tub while I doze off - no big deal

DickStroud said...

A waterproof iPad. Probably not the top of the list for NPD but that could be fixed.