Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Above and below the fold – left or right

One of the organisations that had an issue with my advice about forums also had a problem my advice about the size of the Web page. In fact they had an issue with anything that was different from their original design. Isn’t it strange how organisations pay good money for your advice and then ignore it. Many years ago it would bother me now I just shrug and take the money.

Anyway, about the above and below the fold thing. Jakob has a couple of great posts that look at the attention of users (measured by fixations) along the vertical and horizontal issue.
The message is pretty clear to me but that will not stop companies dotting ad type imagery along the right and at the bottom of their home page. Dick Stroud

No comments: