Wednesday, July 21, 2010

MetLife revisits the results of a previous study




Back in Jan 2009 Metlife published a study called “Discovering what Matters (Balancing Money, Medicine, and Meaning)."

At the time I wrote a blog posting about the study and wondered what impact the recession would have on the segmentation model that the finance company had developed..


Well Metlife has gone and revisited the subject and tried to answer some of these questions.

This chart is taken from the new study and shows the difference in response, between the two studies, analysed by age.

Other than interaction with friends I don’t think there is a hell of a lot that you can take from this research. Maybe I am missing some gems of insight, but a few percentage points here and there (you need to work out the net change to getting any real feel for what is happening) isn’t enough to make me think that much has happened - although I am sure it has. Dick Stroud

No comments: