Sunday, January 16, 2011

The last baby boom story ever - I hope

This was the title of an article published by the BBC from Michael Goldfarb.

I really enjoyed it since I agreed with most of what he said.
The rush of wind you just felt going past your ear is my scream. There is only so much of this someone born in the middle of the boom can take.
I know the feeling, especially when it yet another rehash of all of the other nonsense that is talked about the subject and especially when it about middle class stereotypes of the generation.

Having just read a summary of a new book (We Never Had It So Good, by Orange Prize-winner Linda Grant) it looks like this long list of nonsense is about to get a tad longer.

Thanks Mr. Goldfarb, good to know I am not alone having these feelings. Dick Stroud

No comments: