Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Google Goggles – how amazing



I guess I have been living away from the tech world for too long but I have only just discovered the power of Google Goggles for the iPhone. How amazing.

I had no idea that Google had developed the power of image and audio search to such a degree.

My first thoughts were how this technology might be used for older people.

Not sure I have the answers but you can see that the combination of this type of technology, micro miniature mechanical devices and the gesture recognition, from the games world, produce a powerful combination of tools to create some fascinating applications. And we have only just begun.

Roll forward 5 years. More computational and network power, reducing costs and new technologies. Fantastic. Dick Stroud

No comments: