Wednesday, March 06, 2013

IKEA and Marriott Team Up to Launch Millennial-Friendly Budget Hotel Chain



When I read this headline in Brandchannel the first thing that went through my mind was the macabre image of people having to assemble their bed before going to sleep with all of the 'instruction rage' that IKEA so often seem to create.

Moxy will be the name of the new affordable hotel chain, which plans to open 150 locations across Europe in the next decade.

Now, maybe I am missing something, but having watched the video and read the press release I cannot see what is so special about the service offering of this new brand that makes it 'young'.

It will be fascinating to see what the clientele are after a couple of years. I think Marriott might be in a bit of a shock. Dick Stroud

No comments: