Tuesday, April 11, 2017

The obsession of marketers with oldies and water is a strong as ever






For as long as I have been writing about marketing and older consumers I have commented about the way that marketers/advertising creatives/photo editors seem to think that if you dunk a couple of older people in water it will somehow have a resonance with all older customers.

And here we are again in today's Daily Telegraph.

Basically, it is lazy marketing.













When deciding the cover for my most recent and last book (This I Know) about The Ageing business I decided to use the ripped up photo of an old gezzer on a surf board to illustrate the need to abandon these hackneyed old stereotypes of ageing.

Maybe I should send a copy of the book to the Telegraph. Dick Stroud











No comments: