Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Whatever happened to tech-enabled care?

If you read my blog you know that I have been pondering why the care industry seems immune to the benefits of technological innovations?  Why, despite a booming business in running conferences, competitions, hackathons, technology accelerators and all the other wonderful sounding events, so few start-up companies have survived long enough to deliver any value - let alone profits!

I know there are some great technology start-ups, with really innovative and robust business ideas,  but most of ones that are for ever being reported by the Ageing Business look like mediocre technology seeking a problem to solve.

I thought that it was pointless to keep 'going on' about the subject. You either believe me or not. That said, I have just read the latest blog post from Laurie Orlov who seems to be making the same point. At least I know I am not the only person with this opinion.

The Ageing Business should step back for a moment and ask itself why tech and care don't seem to be mixing. Maybe start by reading Laurie's blog. Dick Stroud

No comments: