Saturday, June 14, 2008

Muses on age

Muse 1. Did you know – I certainly didn’t –that roughly 40% the US’s millennial generation (born since 1981) is African-American, Latino, Asian or racially mixed. One in five has an immigrant parent. And, that there are more millennials than boomers. I wonder how the US marketing industry is reacting to these facts?

Muse 2. The Irish Referendum is very much in the news today. I haven’t been in that beautiful country for ages but as fate would have it I was staying in Dublin the day the Irish people said – NO. Anecdotal evidence and some of the pre-referendum research suggests there was a generational divide with the oldies saying yes and the youngsters voting no. I suspect this divide will become even more apparent in the US Presidential election. Dick Stroud

1 comment:

Chuck Nyren said...

Muse 1.:

I've blogged about it and talk about it in my presentations. Here's a blog post from a few years ago.

And Rance Crain of Ad Age hints at it all.