Monday, February 16, 2009

Birth of another Boomer social networking site

I am glad that I am not the only person that takes a dim view of anything to do with Boomer portals and their ilk. This posting in The Savvy Boomer blog expresses my views – better than I could.

This is a part of the post.

Thankfully, I haven't seen too many new boomer portal sites lately (not blogs, but sites that try to establish a boomer online community, conceivably to make money.) All I can say to Boomer Yearbook is good luck, you're going to need that and a whole lot more. In case you don't understand my cynicism, you might want to check out a few of these sites that regard themselves as boomer social networking sites:

* Eons
* Boomj
* Boomertowne
* Boomerator
* Boomer411
* Wanobe
* Sagazone

I was amused to see that the META NAME="title" tag used by the site was: “Elderly Problems – Social Network Site for Baby Boomers and Baby Boomer Generation.” I wonder if this was the “working name” of the site that the developers used? Dick Stroud

No comments: