Wednesday, July 08, 2009

2009 Facebook demographics for the US show a 513% Growth in 55+ Year Old Users. College & High School Drop 20%

My guess is that these numbers should not be taken at face value and need more analysis.

However, they do show the way in which older people are jumping into Facebook.

Most of the time I think it is only to see what all of the fuss is about but it might be enough to sound the death knell of the site as a secure retreat for Yoof.

What teenager wants to be hanging around a place where 35-54 year olds are the largest group of visitors? Dick Stroud

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

I don't know about yoof but I am asking all the young'uns to detach me from their friends list.

I remember what I did (just).

I might imagine what they do.

I really don't wish to know.

It feels somehow prurient to be able to see something never meant for these old eyes.