Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Obituaries on your local TV channel - what a fascinating idea

I have to be honest I am not a great reader of the Obits columns, however, I know a lot of people who are.

I while back I was contacted by the lady who started Directobits.tv to tell me about her company. Check out the web site.

This is the crux of the proposition.
With the help of your local Funeral Director and participating TV station, families place an obituary on your local TV News and it is broadcast that very same day. Daily obit notices are broadcast during a dedicated obituary news segment. Notices air several times each day and for two or three consecutive days (depending on the market).
Because of the cultural differences and the lack of local TV channels I don’t think this model will work in the UK but it might well be successful in the US. Anyway, I wish the venture good fortune.

It is always great to read about people thinking outside the box, especially about products and services applicable to older people. Dick Stroud

No comments: