Saturday, August 27, 2011

eReaders and tablet users are getting older - told you so

The reason I started a blog called apps4boomers was because it was as plain as the nose on the end of my face that smart devices and apps were made for older people. Not intentionally, but the combination of technologies meant that they fulfilled a lot of the needs created by physiological ageing and the temperament of older people.

It has taken a while for the numbers to justify this assertion but it looks to me that we have gone through the early adopter phase and are now well into the steady state model of the market which means we can get a much better idea of the demographic profile of users of these devices.

The latest Nielsen research is interesting - to put it mildly. I don't think you need me to explain the significance of the graphic (click the graphic to enlarge). Dick Stroud


No comments: