Friday, February 17, 2012

Well written PR e-mails work


I guess I should take it as a compliment but I get a lot of e-mails from PR companies promoting anything that is vaguely connected to older people and ageing.

This one captured my attention

Would love to introduce you to John P.Locke - who started a second EXTREMELY successful (against the odds) career after age 60...

Good opening sentence

A select few authors in history have sold more than 1 million eBooks on Kindle.  Meet John Locke, the FIRST self-published author to join the elite membership of the Kindle Million eBook Sales Club.

Second two sentences are just as good.

Now I am particularly interested in Kindle publishing so I guess that does explain why I decided to keep reading.

My guess is that a lot of older people, with that “book inside them” will decide to use direct publishing as a way to market. Expect to see a burst of self-published books, from the older demographic, hitting the market over the coming years. I am sure the success of Mr Locke will inspire a lot of his peers although I doubt if many of them will replicate his success. Dick Stroud

No comments: