Sunday, August 05, 2012

A couple of interesting charts from the Economist




How interesting, it looks as if the fertility rate in France has overtaken that of the USA. That does surprise me. I wonder why? I guess it is to do with their respective sizes and types of immigrant population

The rising number of older people (65+) who are still working does not surprise me for all of the reasons I have said a hundred times in this blog.

What is interesting is the most of them are employed, part-time, by small companies. 

The plight of younger people not working continues. Unfortunately, this type of chart suggests that the rise in older is responsible for the decline in the younger. Of course that is not true but no doubt the intergenerational devotees will jump on this data to support their case. Dick Stroud 

No comments: