Sunday, December 16, 2012

Baby Boomer characteristics that should get your attention:

Forbes has an article that certainly got my attention, even though I have been working in the ageing business for longer than I care to think.

I am not sure if all of these claims are correct but this is what the the magazine says - Boomers are :

The leading consumers in 119 out of 123 CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods) categories

Spend more money on technology than Gen X or Gen Y – an average of $650 per month

40% of all customers who pay for wireless service

Close to 100% own computers (and 41% own an Apple)
53% of them are on Facebook (driven in part by the arrival of grandchildren – see below)

71% of Boomers go online every day

66% send text messages (albeit not quite as many as their teenagers and grandchildren)

Spend $7 billion online annually

I suspect there are a few dubious claims in this list (like 41% own an Apple) but whatever, it makes interesting reading. Dick Stroud

No comments: