MetLife about Gen X in the US.
Gen X (1965 and 1976) - now aged 36-47 (save you doing the sums) - have grown-up (ish)
70% of Gen Xers live with a spouse or partner.
Have an average of 2.5 children
- 82% own their own homes
- 17% of those report that the value of those homes is less than the debt attached to them.
- 43% have remained in the same type of career throughout their working years
- 75% are working full or part-time.
- 10% are grandparents.
- 19% earn less than $35,000 per year
- 29% earn more than $100,000.
- 43% graduated from college.
- 50% say they are behind on their retirement savings
- There are 50 million Xers compared to 77 million boomers.
- 20% provide regular care for their aging parent(s).
- 60%n report they include exercise in their daily routines.
- 20% have never been married.
- 20% have been married more than once.
The really interesting thing is who they identify with - not their kids. The older they are the more they identify with their parents. I guess life doesn't change that much. Dick Stroud