Thursday, June 06, 2013

What do men think about 'personal grooming' - depends when they were born


I really enjoyed reading this report from JWT about male grooming. That isn't what it called itself but that was the idea.

I normally don't buy the idea that you can make sweeping statements about whole generations BUT..

I always strikes me when I am in the changing room at the gym, the amazing amount of time that young guys spend applying creams, powder and other potions. There is no doubt about it, there is a big difference in way older and younger people behave.

This report, “The State of Men”, examines shifts in male roles, behaviour, attitudes and mindsets, focusing on how masculinity is being redefined circa 2013, how men’s role in the home is changing and how men are navigating the new gender order. Well that is what the blurb said.

I have taken one of the graphics to illustrate the point. Dick Stroud


No comments: