Friday, April 11, 2014

Brilliant way of recovering from a presentation technology problem




I do a lot of presentations. You would be amazed how many times the AV technology screws up.

I was just reading this note in the Prezi newsletter and it recalls how the consummate present Steve Jobs recovered when his slide clicker failed.

Amongst a lot of other things, Jobs was a marvellous storyteller and knew the way a story can engage an audience. Just watch this.

Another bit of advice somebody (I think it was when I worked for IBM) gave me was that when something goes wrong during a presentation remember that every person sitting in the audience are so glad it is not them and apart from the few nasty sorts are on your side and want it to work OK.

Thanks to the guys at Prezi for recalling this incident.


And thanks for this very useful Prezi of what to do.  Dick Stroud


No comments: