Saturday, August 01, 2009

Life Insurance companies focus too much on the 50-plus

I think this is the first time I have ever written that an industry is focusing too much on the 50-plus. In the US, this is the conclusion reached by Mintel, the research company.

In the 12 months ending June 2009, a study found that Gen Xers received 15% fewer health insurance marketing direct mail pieces than Boomers. Gen Y had even fewer offers falling on their post mat - 25% less than their parents’ generation.

I would have thought this is one of the bonuses of being young, but no. Mintel believe the young are a bit miffed at being left out and would welcome the attentions of the Insurance marketers. I wonder. Dick Stroud

1 comment:

Mike from Drop Ship said...

The old crowd should be given preference by the insurance firms. I disagree that any amount of attention given to them is more.