Monday, January 31, 2011

Online use by older people

Thanks to Kim Walker for telling me about this article in BrandRepublic about Internet use by the 55+. The content is based on data provided by Carat’s Consumer Connection System (CCS).

There is no detail about the research methodology so I have no idea of its validity. Interestingly, if you have a look at the Carat web site it looks like it has been abandoned, with the first article, in the  'Leadership' section, dated 2008.

Too much of the analysis (like what are the most popular web sites) is reported for the age group 55-75 years. This is a massive age range. Like trying to make sense out of the age range 18-38.

I think I will stick with the data from Ofcom as my main source of online use by older people. Dick Stroud

No comments: