Saturday, September 24, 2011

Shape of things to come for tablets?




I remember getting my first IBM PC and thinking that this was just about as good as it gets. What more could a computer do? All the applications and power I could dream of was sitting right in front of me.


I know that somebody in a decade's time will write something similar about the iPad. 


We are at Day One of tablet development. The work going on by researchers at Intel, Microsoft, and the University of Washington might be a guide to Day Two. They are working on a way of controlling the device by touching any surface on which it is placed. All you now need to do is add some MS Kinect technology and you have a really interesting interface. 


The reason I write about this is because I see enhanced tablet devices as having immense benefits for older people. Dick Stroud 

No comments: