Thursday, August 20, 2015

Not all baby boomers are equal. Indeed they are not.


I never know how to react when I read a report that supports something I have been bleating on about and is normally as obvious as the nose on your face.

Part of me wants to say. Great, this is a message you cannot say enough so good news that it is being reiterated.

Another part of me thinks - good grief why do they bother to state the obvious and worse still think that it will make any difference to the political / social arguments that buzz around the media.

Most of the time the pundits have their views and never bother to let the facts get in the way of their arguments.

This is about how I feel having read the report 'The myth of the baby boomer' published by a group of NGOs and charities called the Ready for Ageing Alliance.

If you are informed about the ageing business then it will not tell you anything new. If you are new to the subject then it provides some facts that counters the splurge of misinformed nonsense that appears in media (both of the right and left).

I hope that the authors of the report have sent a copy to Mr Willetts, the author of the book Pinch - how the baby boomers took their children's future and why they should give it back. This ex-politician was a catalyst in adding legitimacy to the 'kick a boomer' argument. Dick Stroud



No comments: