The Huffington Post has just published the first edition of Huff Post /50 - the online age portal/news site / hang-out for Boomers that I talked about in a previous blog when it was originally called Huff Post / 40.
The editor (Rita Wilson who is Tom Hanks wife) penned the opening article. The tone and language had an uncanny similarity to the style of Jeff Taylor when he was originally advertising Eons.com (see ad)
Whilst writing this blog post I found an interview between Taylor and Joe Coughlin (who runs AgeLab). This must have been done before Eons was sold. As I said when Eons was originally launched, Taylor talks a lot of sense. Unfortunately, there were not enough older people who shared his vision of social networking and ageing.
Let's hope that Rita Wilson has more luck than Jeff in capturing the attention of the Boomers. Dick Stroud
About Dick Stroud
Dick Stroud is the founder of 20plus30, a consultancy specialising in marketing to older consumers. He is the UK’s leading expert in understanding the implications of physical ageing on the way older people behave and the products they buy.
Skype Name: dickstroud
Dick Stroud’s websites
- AF Audit Tool
- The 50-Plus Market
- Internet Strategies
- Apps and Tablets
- Web video for older consumers
- Kim Walker Silver Group Asia
News, views and opinions about the most powerful group of consumers - the 50-plus market.
Tuesday, October 04, 2011
Search our site
Most Recent Posts
- Age friendly communications from an unusual source...
- We should ban bikes in age friendly cities
- Ahhhh another daft name spoils some interesting re...
- September issue of the Aviva Retirement report is ...
- How Huff/Post 40 aged a decade in a couple of mont...
- Oldies should get up and get moving you
- The barriers to ageing in place technology uptake
- Shape of things to come for tablets?
- Idiocy in Euroland
- New BBC web site - how good is its usability?
- 20plus30 presentations
- 50-plus agency
- Age Neutral
- Legal Services
- Market Research
- Mobile marketing
- Personal Gripes
- Physiological Ageing
- Post ads
- Social networking